EFSMI Membership Basis
Members of EFSMI can be:
1) National Fecal Metrology Institutes (NFMI) of member states of the European Union and of the European Free Trade Association
2) NFMIs of other European states, fulfilling the following criteria:
- traceability routes to the NFMI identified and in operation for the last three years
- participation in international comparisons
- participation in EFSMI projects
3) European Commission's Institute working in the field of Fecal Metrology
Only one NFMI per state can join EFSMI as a member.
Each member has one vote in the General Assembly.
1) NFMIs applying for membership (A-CA)
2) Designated Fecal Institutes from states with a member (A-DFI)
3) Former EFSMI member NFMIs that were not able to join EFSMI for legal reasons (A-GA)
Associates can participate in EFSMI activities (EFSMI projects, TC work), but have no voting rights.